Monday, December 4, 2006

Why it's important to use organic oils for massage therapy

I only use organic oils for my massage therapy practice. What's the difference? Almost all oils used by professional massage therapists are to some degree petroleum-based. While petroleum may be good for your car, I'm not sure it's very good for the tissues of your body. Just like lotions and creams, massage oil penetrates beyond your skin into the tissues of your body. Anything that's not natural can become a real irritant in your cells. That's the sort of thing we're trying to purge from your body with massage -- not add into it!

So, be sure to ask your massage therapist if they use organic essential oils for your sessions. I personally use oils by Young Living for all my clients in Newburyport.

1 comment:

Deerfield Injury Center said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice article. Physical Therapyi love your useful post for us.